3 Reasons Why You Should Consider a Fitness Pro ‘Teaching Vacation’
Take much-earned time off, have a new experience and more by bringing your fitness business to beautiful destinations.
Picture yourself training clients or leading a class on a white sandy beach, poolside or in a gazebo overlooking sparkling blue waters. You can experience this and a luxury, all-inclusive vacation at the same time when you take a “teaching vacation”. Fit Bodies, Inc., the creators of the “teaching vacation”, which has been going strong for 27 years, offers incredible opportunities for certified and/or fitness professionals to bring great fitness experiences to all-inclusive resorts all over the world.
As a business owner herself, Fit Bodies, Inc. Owner and Founder Suzelle Snowden owned an Aerobics Studio and Instructor Training Center in Northern Kentucky in the 1990’s. She knows first-hand the hustle and bustle of what is means to bring in new clients, differentiate yourself, and keep your customers coming back.
In the 1990's, Suzelle and Larry Snowden were staying at an all-inclusive vacation resort in Jamaica. As Suzelle owned an aerobics studio, she taught all the fitness formats under the sun- step being the big thing then. Suzelle went to check out the Step class one morning- she was a little in shock when the "instructor" who stepped up to teach the class was a dancer from the entertainment team, and was not qualified or experienced to teach step. One day later, Suzelle went back to try the class again, and to her not-so-surprise, she found the instructor had injured herself (thankfully, she had not injured the guests!).
Suzelle offered to cover the classes for that week. The response from the guests was really positive, and after the great feedback, the management team asked if she would come back again for a week to teach class for their resort guests in exchange for a room. News of Suzelle traveling to Jamaica to teach fitness classes traveled to other resorts, who asked her if she had any friends that could do the same thing. And that's when the spark happened, and Fit Bodies, Inc. saw that there was a real need to provide certified and highly qualified fitness and sports professionals to resorts across the world. And Fit Bodies, Inc has been growing and developing ever since then!
She is proud to have built a great community of group fitness, yoga, Personal Trainers, Tennis and golf pros, and even DJs who are able to travel in luxury to spread their passion and vacation at the same time.
- VACATION with ease in a tropical paradise instead of planning a trip or organizing a retreat for yourself or loved ones. We know your time as a business owner is precious! When you sign up for a teaching opportunity with an organization like Fit Bodies Inc., all the groundwork, such as hotel reservations and trip detail provisions, is handled for you.
- RECHARGE your fitness batteries and use the free time you don’t have at home to spark your creativity, relax your body, and nourish your mind and soul. This is also a great way to encourage your employees working for you to re-charge their batteries through a teaching vacation.
- SAVE thousands of dollars by traveling for a fraction of the normal cost. When you own a business, your money is often diverted back to the business. With a teaching vacation, your all-inclusive luxury accommodations at five-star resorts are provided in exchange for a small admin fee and 1 or 2 classes taught each day.
As a certified fitness professional who travels to teach at a vacation destination, you will get to experience all the benefits of a luxury holiday while inspiring and showcasing your expertise to new clientele. Here are 3 benefits to going beyond your own club or studio and exploring opportunities that could lead you to some of the most coveted locations around the world including Jamaica, Mexico, Dominican Republic, Costa Rica, Curacao, Turks & Caicos, St. Martin, the Bahamas or Panama! Stay tuned in the upcoming months for even information and reasons why you might want to bring a teaching vacation to yourself or someone in your studio.
“I’m in the mad rush to hit the ground running today but wanted to make absolute sure I reached out to you and THANKED YOU!! THANK YOU!!! My husband and I were so blessed from our week in Cancun at the Breathless Riviera. The staff and entertainment team are absolutely lovable. We had classes every day and actually had a couple ‘regulars’ until they left. This business you have created and built is so brilliant.” —Esse
“When you book as the Fit Bodies Inc. pro, you become like the rock star on the property—you are recognized at dinner, and all around the hotel, you are introduced to many. It is your responsibility to represent the industry with dignity and professionalism. It is an honor to be the pro and act like one!! I bring my business cards and tell them to contact me anytime with any questions and to visit my website for great health info.” —MaryAnn
“Can’t say enough great things about this program. Everyone at Fit Bodies Inc. is so professional. Always returning emails and calls. Never worry about a booking. Everything has gone without a hitch, and I’ve gotten to see some beautiful resorts and make many friends.” —Lisa
“We loved the resort! This was my fourth teaching vacation, and we’ve gone to a different Secrets each time. All have been fantastic! I love the teaching vacation opportunities that Fit Bodies provides!” —Elizabeth
- Create your FREE profile here and find information on all resorts, cruises and real-time opportunities for your next teaching vacation.
- You can also join the Teach on the Beach- Instructor Page on facebook to hear from professionals and community.
- Take our survey, so we can learn more about your preferences for your future travels
About Fit Bodies, Inc
Fit Bodies, Inc., is the largest teaching vacation organization in the world, providing quality fitness programming to luxury resorts throughout the Caribbean, Mexico and beyond since 1992. Our mission is to provide teaching vacations where certified professionals mix their passion with paradise, while also vacationing at luxury all-inclusive beachfront resorts.